I guess it kinda goes without saying that the big thing of this week was the Blizzard on Tuesday into Wednesday. It was snowing pretty hard when I got out of work Tuesday night and had a conversation with my supervisor that if I got stuck the next morning instead of risking my little Taurus to get to work, that they would send someone out to pick me up. Not too bad I guess.
Fast foward to the next morning and Scott was attempting to leave for work getting out of the driveway was okay getting down the road was another story. On our street there was a 2-track that Scott was attempting to get down. Well needless to say the snow was too deep and he didn't get very far and was an adventure to get him back into the driveway.
So I ended up making the phone call I needed a ride to work and was I was told was stay put and if we need you, we'll come and get you. Woohoo Snow Day!! I can't remember the last time I had a snow day. Well Scott eventually got his truck running and a 1 lane path was plowed down our street so we were able to get free. Work still didn't need me. :) Well then at 2:30 I got a call and could I come in and work an evening shift. Sure. One catch I had to wait until Scott got home to take me to work. Until then I enjoyed staying inside and being lazy. :) Well I forgot to take pictures of how high our snow banks were but I hope we don't get much more snow because I'm not exactly sure where its going to go?!
After talking to my dad it sounds like the blizzard of '78 was worse. Which thats just fine with me.
According to Scott I'm not allowed to go to anymore Griffins games because when I go they lose. Well I think there is some truth to that because I can't remember the last time I went and they actually won a game. Maybe tonight will be a change since I usually go to Friday games. Hmm.....
Superbowl tomorrow night and we'll be joining our Hopkins friends to watch commercials and maybe watch the actual game. Go Commercials! :) I can't wait to see the new ones.
And its my Grandma's Birthday on Monday. Happy (early) Birthday, Grandma. She is one of the strongest and most amazing women I know.
Thats about it for this week. TTFN.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment