Saturday, August 7, 2010

Slacker!!

Wow its been a month since I've update this. Slacker it the term for it and nothing else. Well there is the small case of being busy with work, running, sleeping, eating, softball, friends, Buffet parties, birhtday parties, road rash.....Lets see if I can hit the highs and lows of a moonth in some words or less.

Work is fine. I am blessed beyong belief to work with some of the amazing people that I do. Who understand me and are there not only on a professional level but a personl level for me. I can't ask for a better group of co-workers and students. I love teaching my xray students getting to know each of them individually and watch them learn and grow in a profession that I greatly love is wonderful. Not to mention they can provide comic relief and are good to play practical jokes on.

Softball, friends and Buffett parties all seem to go together. Scott played in 2 softball leagues this summer made for a crazy, busy week trying to keep up with all of it. Highlight meeting some amzaing friends and realizing that hanging out with the guys BS-ing after the game is absolutely hliarious. A majority of the time they'd forget I was there and would let loose and speak about whatever was on their minds. I love my girlies, but hanging out with the guys is classic and so much less drama! Who knew that pizza and beer after the game could be so much fun?! Bring on the fall league. I told Scott I don't care if he plays or not I just want to go out after the game.

Birthdays. Scott is the big 3-0. Yup thats right 30. One of us has to be the responsible one. I'll let him do it, he's older. Besides 30 sounds like one needs to be somewhat responsible. But what fun is that? Honestly with some of the ups and downs we have been thru in the past few weeks I can't imagine who else I'd want at my side. He has been such an amazing hubby!

Running is good I'm still apart of a running group 2 mornings a week which keeps me motivated and focused. I did however have a slight mishap 2.5 weeks ago. I was out for a morning run and about 15 minutes into it I somehow managed to roll my right ankle and skin my left knee. It was a masterpiece about as good as a 6 yr old falling off her bike. Of course I had to be about 1/2 mile from home so hobbling home I go. I knew what the smart thing would've been to do that day and what I was going to do. Stupid me went to work. Lots of swelling, bruising, band aids and ice later its almost back to normal. I make sure I wear an ankle brace now.

One low point is that my dad has been diagnosised with prostate cancer. Thankfully its very early and very treatable. He goes in for surgery later this month. Once again the big CA hits my family. :( :( (CA is medical speak for cancer.)

Well I think I've covered it in a few words or less, altho I think more words than anything less. I've never been known for being quiet. Hopefully next time I won't be so long between updates.

Peace out folks.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

We have been praying for you, your dad, and the family and we will continue to do so!