Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oh just because

Oh just because is one of Scott's favorite phrases when he is either picking on me or does something to purposely annoy me. There are some days that I think his sole mission to annoy me as much as possible. But I know he does it out of love. Because I know if he isn't teasing or annoying me, something is wrong.

Well this week was a long one. I forget after the lull around the holidays how everything at the hospital seems to pick up full force. Its like this almost every year. Maybe I'll eventually remember it sometime. With the start of a new year is the start of a new group of students. These students will be with us for the next year and a half. Its always interesting to see how the group will mesh togethere a whole and the individual personalities that come out once we get to know that. One thing I know for sure is at the end of the semester I'm always happy to seem them graduate and sit for their boards, but sad to see them go when I've spent the past 18months mentoring and teaching them the vocation I enjoy.

One thing Scott has come to realize with my job is that when I'm working with people all day long I can come home with some good stories or how interesting people can be or how disgusting something can get. I had a rough day and the phrase I used was "my day was poopy." Meaning is was rough day. His response was "did you get pooped on or was it just not a good day?" Made me think that he is realizing when people don't feel good somethings just can't be controlled. Also made me realize that phrase could be taken literally or figuratively. In this case figuratively was just fine. I'd rather not be pooped on.

Today Scott and I went to the Brew Ha Ha at the Deltaplex. I've never been to this before, what it is a a craft/microbrewery tasting event with comedians. It was fun to be there with friends and taste some pretty good brews. Although I have to admit I have a tendency to stick with what I know that I like. I'm boring I guess.

At work we're doint a 10,000 steps a day challenge for the next 11 weeks. When I'm at work it isn't much of a challenge to get the required number of steps. I can't believe how much I walk around that place. Not to mention the steps at home and I've been going outside to shovel a couple days this week to meet my quota. I'm in this challenge with a fellow tech and our team name is "Love Handles." I think its a pretty good name.

Well laundry is never ending and calling my name. Good bye for now blog friends.

No comments: